Your profile photo is often the first impression a sitter will have of you. We recommend using a photo that includes you or your family, but also that preserves your safety and privacy. Since all photos are reviewed by our team, we encourage you to take the time to find the perfect profile photo so that it can be approved as quickly as possible!
Below is a list of our family profile photo guidelines. Please review these before uploading your photo.
- Be your best you. Smile bright and have good lighting!
- Be appropriate. Be sure not to include any offensive body language or text in your photo. Also make sure that any children included in the photo are fully clothed.
- No cartoonish filters. While we appreciate art, we ask that you refrain from adding cartoon-like filters to your photo.
- Don’t advertise. At Sittercity, we appreciate our users who run various businesses. However, we do not allow advertising of other services on our site. As such, we do not allow business or brand logos for profile photos.
- Protect your privacy, and that of others. Don’t have any sensitive information displayed in your photo. This includes, but is not limited to, driver’s licenses, passports, government-issued ID’s, phone numbers and home addresses.
- Additionally, if your photo contains a child or children, by uploading you are verifying that you are the legal guardian or have explicit permission to use this photo.
We accept JPG, PNG, and GIF file types. File size must be between 50 KB and 500 KB.