The Sittercity Referral Program (“Referral Program”) is offered by Sittercity Incorporated and provides sitters (“Referrers”) the opportunity to refer eligible individuals to join the Sittercity community as new sitters (“Referred Sitters”). These Rules apply to both Referrers and Referred Sitters.
To be eligible to participate in the Referral Program as a Referrer, you must have a complete sitter profile. If you violate the Rules or any applicable Terms, Sittercity may suspend or terminate your ability to participate in the Referral Program under any or all of your accounts.
Under the Referral Program, Sittercity may provide you with a unique link (“Sittercity Link”) to distribute to eligible individuals to become new sitters. You acknowledge and agree that: (a) Sittercity may limit the number of Sittercity Links you may create or are made available to you, (b) you have no ownership rights in any form over the Sittercity Links, and (c) Sittercity may reclaim, deactivate, invalidate or terminate your Sittercity Link at any time at its discretion. If a Referred Sitter does not use your Sittercity Link, you will not receive attribution for the referral and they will not be considered your Referred Sitter.
You may refer eligible individuals to become new sitters. In order to be eligible for a Referral Reward (defined below) for a new sitter, the person must (i) have never previously created a Sittercity account; (ii) be at least 18 years old;, and (iii) satisfy the applicable Reward Criteria, as discussed below. If these conditions are met, the person shall be considered your “Referred Sitter.”
You are eligible to earn a referral incentive (“Referral Reward”) for each Referred Sitter that you refer to Sittercity (subject to certain maximum limits and the other terms in these Rules). As discussed above, in order to qualify as your Referred Sitter, the new sitter must satisfy the applicable Reward Criteria. The Reward Criteria are set by Sittercity in its sole discretion and are subject to change at any time. The Reward Criteria may vary by market or within a particular market. Sittercity, at its sole discretion, may make available certain promotions with different Reward Criteria or Referral Rewards to other sitters or prospective sitters. These promotions, unless offered to you, shall have no bearing whatsoever on your relationship with Sittercity.
If the new sitter that you refer satisfies the Reward Criteria, the type of Reward you are eligible to receive may depend on (i) which Sittercity sitter account you used to refer the new user, (ii) the Sittercity region associated with your Sittercity account (which may be the last location you have logged into the Sittercity application), (iii) the Sittercity region associated with the referred sitter when they use your Sittercity Link, or (iv) other factors as determined and communicated by Sittercity.
Earning Rewards for Referred Sitters
In order to satisfy the Referral Criteria, the referred Sitter must apply to a job before the referral offer expires. All terms and conditions for the distribution and use of Referral Credit are determined by Sittercity in its sole discretion.
Maximum Rewards for Referred Sitters
The maximum amount of Referral Rewards that Sittercity will pay for Referred Sitters is $50. You may not create multiple Sittercity accounts to circumvent the Referral Reward maximum, and Sittercity may withhold or deny any amounts above the maximum Referral Reward. Sittercity reserves the right to change this maximum amount, and it is your responsibility to review the Rules for the current maximum limits.
Resolving Disputes over Referrals
Only one person can earn a Referral Reward for a single Referred Sitter. In the event that multiple persons claim credit for a particular referral, Sittercity has full discretion to determine which person earned such referral according to Sittercity’s systems.
Reservation of rights
Sittercity reserves the right to withhold or deduct Referral Rewards or Referral Credit obtained through the Referral Program in the event that Sittercity determines or believes that the receipt of the Referral Reward or Referral Credit was in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of these Rules or any other applicable agreement between you and Sittercity.
In connection with your participation in the Referral Program, you expressly agree to the restrictions listed below. When distributing, promoting or communicating your Sittercity Link(s) you agree that:
- No spamming. You agree that you will not “spam” anyone with invitations to join the Sittercity community, and that you at all times will remain compliant with CAN-SPAM, the TCPA, and other applicable laws. The following specific activities are prohibited:
- Mass emailing, texting or messaging people you do not personally know;
- Use of automated systems or bots through any channel to distribute, post or respond to your Sittercity Link;
- Use of scripts, programmed or automatic dialers to send invites or to communicate Sittercity Links; and
- Posting Sittercity Links on event or venue pages without express permission from the owner.
- No Misrepresentations. You agree that you will not attempt to mislead anyone in connection with the Referral Program, either by affirmative representation, implication, or omission. In particular, you agree that you will not:
- Impersonate any person or entity
- Create fake accounts, blogs, webpages, profiles, websites, links or messages
- Misrepresent your relationship with Sittercity or any other third party (Don’t create content or communications that could have the effect of leading a consumer to believe that it is an official communication from Sittercity.)
- Suggest that affiliation or partnership exists with a third party where none exists.
- Don’t make misrepresentations with respect to the characteristics or qualification requirements for any referral rewards. You acknowledge that Sittercity may change the characteristics or qualification requirements for referral rewards in its discretion, and therefore you shall not represent any fixed characteristics (e.g., amount of Sittercity credit, expiration date).
- Prohibited content. You agree that you will not use the Sittercity brand in connection with:
- Disparaging or defamatory content concerning Sittercity or third parties;
- Content which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, discrimination or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Offensive, abusive, intimidating or harassing content
- Content that is sexually explicit, obscene and/or contains nudity
- Any political and/or religious statement;
- Content containing images or reference to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, weapons or firearms
- Content that violates someone else’s privacy
- Other restrictions. You also agree that you will not:
- Specify the monetary amount of the Sittercity Link unless authorized by Sittercity in writing;
- Create websites, domains, URLs, social media handles or email addresses containing the word “Sittercity”;
- Use the names or marks of Sittercity competitors
- Use images of celebrities or other public or private figures without their written consent
- Use someone else’s brand name or intellectual property without their written consent;
- Engage in phishing or attempting to obtain financial or other personal information
- Solicit passwords or personally identifiable information
- Sell your Sittercity Link. You agree that you will only distribute your Sittercity Link free of charge only for promotional purposes. You may not sell, trade, or barter your Sittercity Link under any circumstances. You may not pay or provide anything of value to an invited user beyond any referral credit or collateral supplied by Sittercity.
- Violate or infringe the rights of a third party. You will not create any Sittercity Link that infringes on the intellectual property rights of any third party. You will adhere to the License terms in any use of the Sittercity Marks.
- Advertise. You agree that you will not pay to advertise your Sittercity Link or the Referral Program, including via Google, Facebook, Twitter, Bing and Craigslist.
- Create printed materials other than those authorized by Sittercity (including but not limited to: VistaPrint)
- Post printed materials on public or private property without the express written consent.
- Engage in fraudulent activity. You agree that you and your referrals will not defraud or abuse (or attempt to defraud or abuse) Sittercity, the terms of the Sittercity Referral Program, or any invited users.
- If you violate any of these restrictions Sittercity may, in its discretion, remove your eligibility to participate in the Referral Program, and/or deny you any Referral Rewards earned in violation or suspected violation of these restrictions.
The following terms shall also apply to your participation in the Referral Program.
- Users cannot earn Referral Rewards for referring themselves.
- All Sittercity promotions run for a limited time only and are subject to change at Sittercity’s discretion.