In addition to our standard Community Guidelines, we have a specific subset of guidelines pertaining to ratings and reviews.
Our rating and review process is a transparent way for members to provide feedback on experiences that they have had on the site. When our members take the time to review sitters, this helps to ensure we have a high-quality community of providers. Not only are reviews helpful to other families who are looking for care, but they also help to build the professional profiles of the care providers who receive reviews.
The following guidelines are in place to help keep our community—and the reviews that are provided— as accurate and fair as possible.
- Stay factual. Reviews should tell other members of the Community about factual events, conversations, or actions that took place. Reviews should remain objective and refrain from making any assumptions about a member’s character, general reputation, personal characteristics, or mode of living.
- Be constructive. We understand not all reviews will be positive. If you are leaving a low rating, we encourage you to be constructive with your feedback.
- Do not share personal information. All Sittercity profiles are public to the internet. Please respect the privacy of the member you are reviewing by leaving out any personal or identifiable information.
- Stay informative and relevant. Many families regard reviews as an extra step in getting to know a provider. When leaving a review, we recommend you provide all relevant information so our community can have a full understanding of your experience. Please refrain from providing information that does not pertain to your experience with the sitter directly.
- Remain Inclusive. Sittercity is committed to a diverse and inclusive community in which all parents and caregivers are valued members of our network. Commentary about a person’s social, political, or religious views, as well as any form of profanity or discriminatory language is not allowed. Any review that violates our Inclusion Policy will be removed.
Reviews are not a place to report an incident. If you have an incident that you would like to report to our Trust and Safety team, please fill out this form.
Please note: Reviews are only one piece of the vetting and hiring process. We encourage all families to vet each and every sitter that they wish to hire. Please visit our Trust and Safety Center for additional information regarding the hiring process.