Setting up an interview with a prospective caregiver is a critical step in the hiring process. With our Request to Interview feature, you can create and manage your interview requests on the platform.
Once you've messaged a sitter and are interested in moving forward with an interview, you can create an interview request by clicking the Interview button on the sitter's profile.
From the interview request page, you can add information about:
- The type of interview (phone/virtual or in-person) and location if you're meeting in-person (we recommend a public setting such as a coffeeshop)
For in-person interview requests, the sitter will only receive the address/location of the interview once they accept the request.
- The date & time you'd like to schedule the interview
Note, interviews cannot be scheduled for a time less than 24 hours from the current date.
- Details about your family (number of children, pets)
- Hourly rate you are offering
- Any additional job details (other responsibilities, job requirements)
Once you've added the necessary information, you'll have the chance to review your request before sending. If you need to edit anything, simply go Back and change your interview details as needed. If all looks correct, press Send and the request will go to the sitter! Sitters have 24 hours to respond to an interview request before it will expire.
After you submit an interview request, you'll receive the following notifications by email:
- Once the request has been sent
- When a sitter accepts or declines your request
- If a request expires without being answered
You can view your existing interview requests (both confirmed and unconfirmed) through your Bookings tab. This is where you will find the phone number of the sitter you've booked!
If you need to cancel a scheduled interview, you can click into your Confirmed booking details and choose to Cancel interview from there.