The following guidelines are in place to help each member of our community have a great experience on and off the platform. We expect our members to adhere to the following guidelines:
- We encourage keeping all communications on platform for as long as possible, for added safety.
- Communicate openly and respectfully with every member in the community.
- The use of profanity is prohibited.
- Connect with each other ahead of time in order to communicate the details of each job. Here are some examples of information families and sitters typically discuss:
Respect each other’s time in regards to timely responsiveness on and off the platform, and start and end times for interviews and jobs.
Children are expected to be cared for in a clean and safe environment.
Be accessible to each other during the job. Although we stress a limit on phone usage, it is important to be available for any questions or concerns that might pop up during a job.
If you see a profile, job posting, or have direct communications with another member that makes you feel uncomfortable or that you feel is discriminatory, please contact our Trust & Safety team immediately so we can investigate further.
For Trust and Safety and verification purposes, we do not allow the use of external links in any messages, job applications, or job postings.
Refrain from including personal information in your initial job applications, on profiles, or in job listings. Sittercity is a public site and although we do monitor our site daily for scam activity, giving out your personal information upfront makes you highly susceptible to being contacted by scammers or someone who is not registered on the site.
Refrain from spelling out contact information such as your personal email and phone numbers as your account may be flagged for this behavior by our Trust and Safety team.
- Payment method
- Number of children
- Care instructions
- Relevant care for sick children
- Pets in and around the home
- Pickups and drop-offs
- Additional tasks to be completed during the job
If you have any questions regarding our Community Guidelines, please contact us for more information.